ON-GOING WIC SIGNATURE PROJECTS SINCE 2013
LAUNCHING OF SHOVEL-READY PROJECTS
This administration has already developed shovel-ready projects for
- Providing educational supplies with Igbo content for use in elementary schools
- Kickoff of the zonal soccer competition in High Schools with the aim of stimulating competition among our youth and consequently recapture the spirit of the days of Phensic Cup and Academicals. We will continue to seek grant funding thereafter
- Providing scholarships in the Science, Technology, Engineering, Agriculture and Mathematics (STEAM) areas in Universities in Igbo land. By launching we mean actually making the funds available through funds
- Project Macedonia designed to encourage professors in academia in the US to sign up to assist their counterparts in Igbo Universities during the summer when they go on vacation to Igbo land.
The Executive Director is working with the Education and Youth Committee (EYC) to actualize the implementation phase.
CONTINUATION OF MEDIUM TO LONG-TERM PROJECTSThese are projects that are being pursued under public private partnership participation arrangement and also require heavy investment to achieve. With meticulous planning the projects will begin in the life of this administration. There are geographical, governmental, financial (funding facility) and models to be developed by the relevant committees which will be expected to present a progress reports at the coming convention. These projects have been the focus of activities since 2012/2013. Such projects include:
- Regional Medical Center of Excellence (RMCE) in Igbo land to elevate the standard of healthcare delivery and reverse medical tourism. The health affairs committee has been working with Nsokpo, Ogbaku community of Imo State that provided a 50-Acre prime piece of land on Onitsha – Owerri express way. Igbo doctors in the Diaspora are driving the project.
Strategically restricted details of these projects are provided elsewhere.